Is it time to upgrade or replace your electrical panel?
Fire departments responded to an estimated average of 32,160 home fires involving electrical distribution and lighting equipment each year in 2015–2019. These fires caused an estimated average of 430 civilian deaths and 1,070 civilian injuries each year in 2015-2019, as well as an estimated $1.3 billion in direct property damage a year.
- Are your computers protected by a dedicated circuit?
- Do your lights flicker?
- Are your breakers constantly tripping?
- Do your fuses blow regularly?
- Does your panel box make a crackling sound?
- Are your electrical service conductors overheating?
- Are you making additions to your business, or do you have new construction?
- Do you need more outlets?
- Did your insurance require that you make an Upgrade?
- Do you use multiple extension cords?
- Do your electronic devices run on less than full power?
- Do you require a 240v circuit?
- Do you need to add a sub panel?
- Do you need a power surge arrestor?
- Are your outlets two pronged (non-grounded)?
- Is a Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter (GFCI) required?
- Do you want an Arc Fault Circuit Interrupter?
If you answered yes to one or more of these questions, it may be a warning sign that it is time to upgrade or replace your electrical panel today.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics’ Census of Fatal Occupational Injuries, fires and explosions accounted for 3% of workplace fatalities in 2007.
Fortunately, many of the dangers associated with older electrical systems can be prevented simply by upgrading the electrical panel.
Upgrading the electrical panel helps to ensure that your electrical system is equipped to meet your energy needs and protect you and your property. If you have an aging building, ADK Electric One can inspect your building’s electrical wiring and distribution system to determine exactly what your electrical service panel needs are. Upgrading or replacing important components can help prevent electrical emergencies before they occur. Call ADK Electric One today to upgrade or replace your electric panel today!